HEALTH TIP: If you want a natural antibiotic, try “colloidal” silver (a concentration of nano-sized particles of silver suspended in a liquid). A powerful germicidal, silver is an exceptional metal in that it is non-toxic to the human body but lethal to over 650 disease-causing bacteria, viruses, fungi, parasites, and molds. The daily ingestion of colloidal silver is like having a “second immune system.” I remember Granddad telling me that they used to put silver dollars into milk to keep it fresh longer, before they had refrigerators.
Hippocrates (the “father of medicine”) and Pliny the Elder (a Roman scholar) both wrote of the use of silver to treat wounds and prevent disease. The ancient Greeks also knew the medical value of silver. They realized that families who used silver utensils were rarely sick and had few infections. This knowledge passed on to kings, emperors, sultans, and their families and members of their royal courts. They ate
from silver plates, drank from silver cups, used silver utensils, and stored their food in silver containers. As a result of this use, the silver rubbed off and mixed with their foods and drinks. As a general rule, they were much healthier than the peasants who ate with dishes made of earthenware and utensils made of iron. This is where the phrase “born with a silver spoon in your mouth” arose.Multiple laboratory tests have shown colloidal silver to kill disease-causing pathogens, viruses, and bacteria typically within minutes of contact. In these studies, silver has been shown to be a powerful anti-fungal, anti-germicidal, anti-bacterial, and anti-viral substance in other research studies. Silver is used readily in hospital burn wards to prevent scar tissue. Back in 1999, I caught my right leg on fire with gasoline and one of my treatments was a silver gel that I rubbed on my leg.